Seed crackers are a tasty, healthy snack and are made using a great variety of seed types. What’s more, the chickpea flour version doesn’t even have any carbs! They are the perfect accompaniment to a glass of wine or beer and taste great with salad, cream cheese, guacamole or pesto, or can simply be polished off on their own. Our boss, Monica Nadal, became such a fan that she absolutely had to have the recipe, and thus was born the idea of introducing you to some of our favourite dishes and treats.
At first glance, you could indeed be forgiven for thinking, “Wow! That’s a lot of ingredients!” (available in drugstores and organic food shops, by the way), but although the ingredient list is long, the preparation time is short. You may, however, be faced with one tiny problem: these crackers are so tasty that you’ll have to keep making them, over and over again.
Enjoy the baking, and the nibbling, of course!
- For approx. 50 crackers
- Preparation time: 15 min.
- Baking time: 30 min.
- Calories per cracker: approx. 35 kcal
- 80 g sunflower seeds
- 15 g pine nuts
- 80 g chickpea flour (alternatively wholemeal spelt flower)
- 40 g hemp seeds, hulled
- 40 g linseeds
- 10 g chia seeds
- 1 tsp caraway seeds
- Salt, pepper
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp mild paprika powder
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Heat oven to 175°C. Cover a baking tray with baking paper. Coarsely chop the sunflower seeds and pine nuts.
- Mix the chopped seeds and nuts in a bowl with the chickpea flour, hemp seeds, linseeds, chia seeds, caraway, ¼ tsp salt, ½ tsp pepper, thyme, rosemary and paprika powder. Add the olive oil and 150 ml water and stir into a dough using the beater attachment of your hand mixer.
- Pour the dough onto the tray and spread thinly using a tablespoon or spatula. Place the tray in the oven (middle rack) and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove the baking tray from the oven and cut the layer of dough into squares (approx. 5 x 5 cm). Then bake the seed crackers for a further 20 minutes, until crispy.
Have fun while baking and until next week!